Ironing is a large part of all of our lives. Whether we like it or not, the household chore seems to roll around quicker every week.
Picture the scene. You have got piles of freshly washed clothes ready to have the creases removed through ironing. It’s the weekend, and space is limited due to a full household. Do you struggle to move everything to fight with an ironing board?
We have the answer for you: a tabletop ironing board.
Why not be clever with the space you have and still receive fantastic results? A table top ironing board does what it says on the tin: allows you to iron on the surfaces in your home.
To help you out in finding the perfect addition to your household equipment, we’ve rounded up some of the best tabletop ironing boards on the market currently.
Here are all of the products that we will discuss in this blog post:
- Whitmor Tabletop Ironing Board with Scorch Resistant Cover
- Camco Folding Ironing Board
- Sunbeam Tabletop Ironing Board
- Honey-Can-Do Tabletop Ironing Board
- STORAGE MANIAC Tabletop Ironing Board
What is a table top ironing board?
For those of you who are new to the tabletop ironing board scene, don’t worry as we have broken this blog into the common questions we get asked.
A tabletop ironing board is a smaller version of an original ironing board that can fit on to standard table surfaces. They are also known as a mini ironing board, in case you see duplicates in your search.
Designed to produce outstanding results, they are best for those who want to complete their ironing in smaller spaces.
Why buy a table top ironing board?
Although they are smaller than the standard board, there are several factors that make them a top product in the ironing market.
Firstly, they’re a massive space saver. So if you’re limited on ironing areas in your home, they make a great addition. They also allow you to be flexible as you can simply place the tabletop ironing board anywhere.
Ironing need not be a chore. Although the piles of clothes may still be there, simply set up your board and start cracking… it is as simple as that!
EXPERT TIP: Tabletop ironing boards also come with hooks to hang when not in use, meaning it’s easy to store.
What to look for when buying a tabletop ironing board?
We know that you are now sold on the idea of welcoming a tabletop ironing board into your home. So let’s have a chat about some of the features.
Firstly the foldable legs are a fantastic detail. As well as being able to be hung on the back of your door, they can also be tailored to meet your needs.
You should also consider the features you want as part of your tabletop ironing board. Some prefer ironing with an iron pad included, and others like the freedom of collapsable boards. It’s entirely up to you to find what suits your lifestyle.
*Psst* They also come with colorful, patterned covers as well. That’s what we all love about ironing boards, right!?
How to care for a tabletop ironing board?
As with any ironing board, there needs to be due care put into its maintenance. Although products class themselves as durable, you need to continually care and look after them to get your money’s worth.
We recommend washing your ironing board cover every couple of weeks to remove any dust and debris from the fabric. Your cover should be air dried to get the best results.
However, you can’t forget about the structure of the board itself. Spraying down the board and wiping the legs can prevent any rotting.
TOP TIP: Once your ironing board cover is washed, put the iron onto the highest setting and steam the cover fully. The heat will kill any bacteria and ensure that your board is sterilised.
Where can you buy a table top ironing board?
So, let’s look at some of the best tabletop ironing boards on the market without further ado.
As with anything nowadays, some of the best boards can be found online. To save you the time, we’ve scoured the net and rounded up five terrific ironing boards.
Whitmor Tabletop Ironing Board with Scorch Resistant Cover
Lightweight and great for small-space living.
We are kicking it off with a Whitmor tabletop ironing board. Boasting features such as being extremely lightweight and having a low storage capacity, it is best suited for smaller living spaces.
Whitmor is a brand that has been going for over 70 years. Therefore you know that you are purchasing a product that has your best interests at heart.
If they have been going for that long, they surely have cracked the ironing code by now!
- It comes with a durable steel mesh top, best for those with busy lifestyles as it gives you reliability
- The Whitmor makes ironing a breeze as it features vented holes to enhance steam flow… making wrinkles disappear faster!
- It comes with non-skid protectors giving you stability and sturdiness when ironing. These are two things you need when dealing with hot plates and steam
- This product doesn’t come with an ironing pad. Therefore, to get the best results, you will need to choose a surface with enough room for your iron
Camco Folding Ironing Board
Foldable, sturdy and ideal for small homes.
As we mentioned earlier, one good aspect of a tabletop ironing board is the flexibility it gives you regarding storage. One minute you are ironing at your kitchen table, the next you are enjoying a family meal in the same place. It really is that simple!
So, we have thrown in a folding tabletop ironing board to highlight this key aspect.
The Camco has everything you need for ironing in small spaces. A foldable board, sturdy legs and ironing rest… is there anything else we need in our ironing endeavours?
TOP TIP: We recommend measuring out the dimensions in the product description to get a feel for the size before purchasing. This will allow you to ensure that the room you have available is right for what you are buying.
- It features a sturdy chrome-wire iron pad so you won’t need to think of the best surface to accommodate your iron
- The Camco has a cotton cover, meaning that you can rest easy when ironing your finery. The higher the quality of the cover, the more protected your garments are from staining
- Iron rest isn’t adjustable
Sunbeam Tabletop Ironing Board
Funky florals to cheer things up as you iron!
“Ooo” we hear you say. Yep, we have included a patterned cover in the mix. You’ve got to appreciate the design aesthetic. Ironing is a household chore but looking at a pretty pattern whilst doing it sure does bring an element of fun.
The Sunbeam gives you everything you desire in the best tabletop ironing board. It is foldable, boasts non-skid feet protectors and is made from sturdy material.
If you are partial to ironing at your expensive kitchen table, you can rest assured that it will remain in pristine condition!
- Easy to assemble. Just take it out of the box, pop up the legs and you’re good to go!
- Foldable and compact to be placed anywhere in the household. The product description says it can be put under sinks or in closets
- It doesn’t come with an ironing pad or foldable board like some of the others
Honey-Can-Do Tabletop Ironing Board
Iron anywhere, anytime and collapse it when you’re done.
The Honey-Can-Do is ideal for smaller living spaces. Whether that’s a dorm room or apartment, it’s designed to enable ironing anywhere in the home.
It features a cotton cover, collapsible storage and iron rest to prevent storage. The best thing about this product is that, once it arrives, all you have to do is set it up and you are ready to go
TOP TIP: We recommend washing your ironing board cover when it arrives. This will ensure you have a clean, sterilized surface with which to start ironing on. Kind of like when you buy new bed sheets!
- It is made out of sturdy material, you can be rest assured you have chosen an reliable product
- It has a retractable iron rest included with the product
- The Honey-Can-Do comes with everything you need to start ironing right away, including a blue cover
- May need a grippy mat underneath when using the ironing board
STORAGE MANIAC Tabletop Ironing Board
Extra-wide for faster ironing and multi-purpose use!
We have thrown an extra-wide panel into the mix for those of you looking for a larger ironing board. In order to give you a product for every need, we have tried to consider every aspect of what you are searching for.
The Storage Maniac has all of the features that you are looking for in the best tabletop ironing board. Our favourite is the ironing board panel that they have used as it allows heat to dissipate quicker.
- The extra wide board means you have the space to iron larger items such as shirts and sheets
- 100% cotton cover
- The 5mm thick felt pad is breathable, has heat insulation and is more durable
- May not be the best shape for ironing shirt sleeves
What do we think is the best tabletop ironing board?
Of course, we recommend that you identify the features you would like best in a board before searching. Perhaps it is an extra-wide board or you like the idea of an iron rest, whatever it is there’s a product out there.
From our research, our favorite is the Camco Folding Ironing Board- Easily Folds for Convenient Storage After Each Use Perfect for Traveling, RVs and Campers- (43904), Blue and White. As well as featuring an iron pad to prevent scorching, it has a foldable board. Taking up even less space, it is perfect for traveling.
- Ideal for Compact Spaces: The perfect table top ironing board—ideal for travel and compact spaces
- Features: A sturdy chrome-wire iron rest
- Includes: A quality cotton cover
- Measures: 32-inches x 12-inches when set up and stands 7-inches tall
- Easy to Store: Legs fold under and board folds to 16-inches x 12-inches for easy storage
However, a special shout-out has to go to the multifunctionality of the Storage Maniac. Whether you are seeking an ironing board, snacks table or laptop stand, this product has your back! Ideal for dorm rooms and college students.
We wish you the best of luck in your search for a tabletop ironing board. We know that, whatever you choose, it will bring both flexibility and space-saving to your ironing endeavors!